Advanced Heart Failure Program
Baptist Transplant Program Information for Physicians
Physicians may make a referral to the Baptist Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Support Clinic or Advanced Heart Failure Clinic in one of three ways:
- Call our direct patient referral line at 901-226-3712
- Email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the electronic referral form.
Comprehensive care for improved quality of life
Advanced heart failure is a treatable condition. At the Advanced Heart Failure Clinic in Memphis, TN located inside the Baptist Heart Institute, we help patients diagnosed with stage C or D heart failure manage their disease through advanced therapies and innovative treatments. Our talented team of cardiac experts and care coordinators also work closely with patients and families to address quality of life issues and palliative care.
Who we treat
We provide comprehensive cardiac care and services for patients diagnosed with advanced heart failure who no longer respond to medicines and require frequent hospitalization. Our cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating complications resulting from heart failure, including but not limited to:
- Life threatening arrhythmia
- Ineffective cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT)
The Advanced Heart Failure Clinic draws upon the resources and expertise of the Baptist Heart Institute, the largest and most respected heart care program in the Mid-South, to offer innovative, patient-centered treatments and therapies. Our goal is to help our patients effectively manage their condition, ideally in the comfort of their own home. Among our treatment options are:
- Medical management of symptoms such as fluid retention, shortness of breath, weight gain, fatigue, irregular heartbeat and edema.
- Evaluation for ventricular assistance device (VAD) heart transplant. A VAD is a great option for some patients as destination therapy or a short- or long-term transition therapy for a future heart transplant. For other patients, a heart transplant is a more appropriate option.
- Pressure monitoring of arterial blood flow to measure the progress of heart failure and adjust treatments and therapies as necessary.
- Telemedicine options using the MyChart app that allow patients to see the doctor in a scheduled visit or on demand, without making a trip to the hospital.
- Palliative care with a dedicated team specially trained to help improve life and provide comfort to patients with serious, chronic, and life-threatening illnesses, with ongoing treatment and a focus on quality of life issues and long-term planning for care.
A multidisciplinary approach to complete cardiac care
At the Advanced Heart Failure Clinic, treating advanced heart failure goes beyond the medical expertise of our cardiologists. We take a multidisciplinary approach to address all the medical and non-medical issues that come with treating a serious, long-term condition. To do that, we surround our patients with a team of experts to provide comprehensive care designed to support them and their families and help them locate vital resources, including financial and social services.
Each patient is assigned a multidisciplinary team that often includes board-certified cardiologists and surgeons, nurse coordinators, pharmacists, physical therapists, social workers, financial counselors, dieticians, and transplant coordinators dedicated and focused on that patient’s personal and medical needs.
We’re here to help
It is possible to live a happy, productive life with a stage C or D heart failure diagnosis. The Advanced Heart Failure Clinic in Memphis, TN at Baptist Heart Institute has the expertise, resources and innovative approach to care to help you live longer and stronger.
To schedule an appointment, tell your primary care provider to contact our referral line at 901-226-2000 and speak directly to a nurse coordinator, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
If you have concerns about your heart health or feel you may be at risk for heart failure, we are here to listen and help you decide what your next step is. Complete and submit the brief form below to be contacted by one of our knowledgeable staff.
All Medical Specialties
No matching specialties